ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest-is this a regional team?

Truehuskerfan

Athletic Director
May 1, 2003
Put aside all of the talk about RPI and strength of schedule and be honest. Is this a regional worthy team? Today's game in particular says no. And frankly, any change in play from this team to make us regional-worthy doesn't seem likely.

Put aside all of the talk about RPI and strength of schedule and be honest. Is this a regional worthy team? Today's game in particular says no. And frankly, any change in play from this team to make us regional-worthy doesn't seem likely.

While there is something to be proud of making a regional, I can`t see us doing anything if we get there. This team does`t have the offense to win a regional.

Well, I don't know but, I mean, what's a regional team supposed to look like?

You say put those stats aside but we know the committee doesn't look at anything but stats. They don't call reporters or scouts asking what the eyeballs say. They pour over stats then make their picks. And they tend to do the same thing over and over again. Pick high RPI teams with high win counts.

And they pick teams that sometimes go 2 'n 'cue. And give host assignments to teams that don't get out of their own regional. Even a national seed on occasion doesn't get out. Ask Indiana.

We look like crap right now and, you're right, no reason to think we'll turn it around. And, if we don't, there's no reason to worry about looking like a regional team - we won't be one.

Good thing there are a good number of games left before selection day. Because we need the time. Fix it or fail.

I say yes...but 8th place in the BIG says otherwise. They have some work to do and they are rapidly reducing both the time available to do it and their margin of error to zero.

Reactions: bigredrl
While there is something to be proud of making a regional, I can`t see us doing anything if we get there. This team does`t have the offense to win a regional.

Not only that, but our offense needs to come to life against good pitching to not go 0-2 in a regional. I'm not real confident in that eventuality.

One particular game doesn't mean anything. Are you willing to re-post this and say off Sunday's game we do look like a regional team? I would say it does, but I don't ever take one game too seriously as Husker fans often do. I think it's a regional team and they will have to get hot to make any serious noise in said regional.
Today's game in particular says no.

I don't apologize for basing those comments on one game because frankly it wasn't like the way we played Saturday was much out of the norm for how we've been playing on the weekend-it just took the level of futility to a new level. Obviously there was a huge difference in the way we played Saturday and yesterday. Does the way we played yesterday represent a turnaround? If it does, then we don't have to worry about making a regional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT