ADVERTISEMENT

Banks. Come on down!!

If and when we land Banks, I'm feeling much better about the WR room this year with these guys.
Not directed at you, HBK.... The lack of belief in the young players and the thought that transfers, any transfers, would automatically play ahead of them is so Scott Frost era. I like the Banks kid. Add in Coleman and Lloyd. That's three good receivers right there. ICG-- I'm sorry but quitting the team early in the season and then getting a season ending injury in the first game of the year moves that kid to the back of the line.

And the Texas kid, I'm curious as to why he never got onto the field after playing a little bit in their opener. Was he in the doghouse or did he check out and collect his NIL? If he's busting his ass in practice, he would have gotten onto the field. Texas had a lot of blowout wins. Hell, they beat Texas Tech by 50 and Neyor can't even play one snap?

The big thing with getting older guys is that they KNOW what college coaching is like, they know what college practices are like, they know what the workouts are like and they know how to watch film.

All of that helps the younger guys so much.

Not disagreeing with your overall premise, but #1 RB and WR? What am I missing here?
#1 on the depth chart. Dowdell and Banks will both be top of depth chart and go-to guys.

Only the coaches know the real risk and reward on Neyor. I definitely do not have my hopes up for him. Not getting a snap even on special teams for a team that had 6 more blowouts, including against his former school, is a red flag.

Neyor: Adonai Mitchell passed him on the depth chart. I do know that Texas also didn't rotate many WR in/out.

The big thing with getting older guys is that they KNOW what college coaching is like, they know what college practices are like, they know what the workouts are like and they know how to watch film.

All of that helps the younger guys so much.
All of that is true IF, and it is a big IF, you are getting the right type of guys. There are also older guys who smoke too much weed, hate lifting weights, fall asleep in the film room and are looking to transfer because they are getting screwed by their position coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT