ADVERTISEMENT

Are we not talking about Ernie Chambers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Officer Orozco!
kerrie+orozco+in+memory.jpg

be careful, if you talk about Ernie in a negative way there are a handful of posters poised to scream about your racism.
Ernie represents weak people. his followers need all kinds of special rules to even the playing field with others. Ernie and the people he represents get their feelings hurt easily, so reporters tie their hand behind their back to make things fair and just let him talk.

Senator Chambers knows what he says has meaning but he has been given a pass as a cranky black guy by far too many in this state. He has spent years in the legislature and has countless chances to truly better his community but has he? What are his major accomplishments for those he represents?

What were the accomplishments of this young officer in that same community in far less time? That should be the long lesson for this event: do good for others for as long as you can.

Reactions: sparky62
Ernie is an interesting character in some respects. In some ways, I admire the guy for being a bit of a rebel or maverick if you will. He goes against the grain, against the system, and that takes some guts and internal fortitude, that many people just don't have. I also think he believes he is really fighting for his constituency, again, it isn't something you see from many politicians these days. So for those things, I admire the guy.

How effective is he? That's part of the problem with him in my opinion. I think he is so busy fighting everyone and everything, that he doesn't choose his battles very effectively and consequently people just write him off as being a kook or worse.

Even if you dislike the guy and think he's way too far out there, which I think he is, I do think his legacy of standing up for his constituents and going against the grain is at least admirable.

If you have ever taken the time to watch his tv show though, you will see a much more unfiltered version of him, and to me, that's not the kind of leadership the people of north omaha deserve.

Reactions: CharlieHustle
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT