ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Gordon having a day.

• Thread starter anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
  • Start date
A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

7-9 in the double-dip with 6 rbi's. Best doubleheader performance in team history.

He's one of the streakiest Major Leaguers I've ever seen. In reality, Alex is about a .275 hitter. But he reaches .275 by hitting.350 for a week and then .200 the next week. It's amazing.

One big difference this season is his OBP. He's getting on base 2 to 3 times per game. Yost needs to move him up and Hosmer down.

He's one of the streakiest Major Leaguers I've ever seen. In reality, Alex is about a .275 hitter. But he reaches .275 by hitting.350 for a week and then .200 the next week. It's amazing.

One big difference this season is his OBP. He's getting on base 2 to 3 times per game. Yost needs to move him up and Hosmer down.

He currently has the 9th best OBP in baseball. Amazing, for a #6 hitter and all. (#Yosted).

His coming deal is getting more lucrative every day.

Its going to be a tough deal for Dayton Moore to make. On one hand, Alex is the face of the franchise right now, and is playing elite level defense and good to at times great offense. On the other hand, he is 31 years old, and as much as I hate to say it, decline will be coming. The question is when? A small market team like the Royals cannot give a huge contract to guy and have that player decline in the middle of the deal. But they also can't let him walk. I honestly would HATE to be Dayton in this situation.

I hope they can keep him. KC is the best team for him well after his career ends.

What a legacy he will have if he can retire in a Royals uniform.

Alex carted off tonight...looked like a knee or leg injury...and did not look good. Royals fans feeling very uneasy at the moment...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT