ADVERTISEMENT

Al Golden on a short lease

LBremser

Junior
Feb 17, 2008
I asked James what he tells donors and fans who ask what Golden must do to remain the coach beyond this year.

“Al knows he needs to win. Our guys know we need to win. I know we need to win. I’m confident they are taking the steps they need to take to go out and take care of business this year. At the end of the year, we’ll look at the whole picture. You go into the season not looking to win 9 or 10 games. You go into the season looking to win every game. I hope and expect that for all of our coaches. I don’t want any one of our coaches or student athletes saying we are going to lose these four or three or two games or whatever. Let’s go win every game.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...akers-and-college-football-reporters-the.html

Their defensive scheme against us was just weird. It seemed to completely play to our strengths and they never really adjusted. No reason a team with as much talent as Miami had should have finished 6-7.

The game is in Miami, Golden will be coaching for his life, and Brad Kaaya is a stud. Otherwise I think we have all the advantages.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT