ADVERTISEMENT

A continuing trend in D-line attrition, despite geographical locations...

Mar 23, 2015
'Since the 2010 recruiting class, 11 defensive line signees have either transferred, given up football or been kicked off the team before their eligibility was up.'

Wasn't able to find the source of this quote, but it was posted in our lounge, if the link is given, I'll share it.

Hate to say we told you so.....but then again it COULD be a coincidence.

Between the incidents with ol' Kaz at home and at Village Inn, his history at Iowa, and what we see here,...I'd say we are all better off.

We're still putting lineman into the NFL by the way. You will be also.

I didn't care for the a $$ hat Kaz, but none of the attrition was really his fault. And the low amount of production comes from Pelinis horrible recruiting. there were some real losers recruited to play on the DL in his early years, nobody can deny that.

As the DL coach responsible for picking the players, I don't know if you can entirely pardon him from recruiting problems, at least those that occurred while he was here. He had to have signed off on Suttles, who we knew was a potential problem but we thought we could make work. And has to take some responsibility for the botched recruitment of Harrison Phillips. Other side, he was involved in signing guys like Randy Gregory and Maliek Collins and nobody hits a home run on every recruit.

Jack Gangwish went from a walk-on LB to one of the best few walk-ons we have ever had at DE, Kaz must have something to do with that development. But Natter and Keels did nothing. At all. We'll see how much better guys like Natter, Keels, and Maurice look this year.

Blaming a coach for Avery Moss whipping it out in public places is like blaming the governor of Iowa for the rampant obesity within the state.

Blaming a coach for a player like Ernest Suttles getting kicked out of the program 4 days after he arrived is like blaming alcohol for getting drunk and hitting a fat chick from Council Bluffs.

Blaming a coach for Deandre Wils leaving after 3 days on campus due to Social Anxiety Disorder and homesickness is like blaming your pants for falling off that time you contracted Gonorrhea in Iowa City.

Chase Rome sucked. Perhaps Kaz let him know it incessantly. It still doesn't discount his suckiness. The kid transferred to Memphis and still couldn't see the field.

The number of dline transfers and dudes leaving Lincoln was more a reflection of the terrible recruiting in 2010 and 11 at DT and DE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GretnaShawn
'Since the 2010 recruiting class, 11 defensive line signees have either transferred, given up football or been kicked off the team before their eligibility was up.'

Wasn't able to find the source of this quote, but it was posted in our lounge, if the link is given, I'll share it.

Hate to say we told you so.....but then again it COULD be a coincidence.

Between the incidents with ol' Kaz at home and at Village Inn, his history at Iowa, and what we see here,...I'd say we are all better off.

We're still putting lineman into the NFL by the way. You will be also.

What's it like to be so infatuated with our program?

1966883-fail_thread_zpsjrhgwptb.jpg

Go back to your own house. Nobody cares about Iowa or your thread. Is derp code in Ames for something?
Do you habla, derp? You are the only one on this thread.

Reactions: HawktimusPrime
It'll probably take two hours at least for someone to even see this due to the fact that your own fans now hate this nazi like forum.
Nazi like and ran by podunks,...there should be a play about this.
It's funny that I can talk to Buckeyes and other teams,..and they never say that.
Newsflash,..there are better teams to be 'infatuated' with.
Ever wonder why you're always referred to as delusional?
A gigantic Texas like town of football derp is what Nebraska is and always will be.
Sad existence,...very very sad.
What's funny is you try to post an "I told you so" thread and then wHen we don't fall over in awe of your great insight to the shortcomings of a Pelini picked staff member, you resort to insulting our fan base. Yep you're a keeper! We've been telling you guys for years, you have a overrated overpaid head coach, but we're delusional?????

What's funny is you try to post an "I told you so" thread and then wHen we don't fall over in awe of your great insight to the shortcomings of a Pelini picked staff member, you resort to insulting our fan base. Yep you're a keeper! We've been telling you guys for years, you have a overrated overpaid head coach, but we're delusional?????
Don't worry. He's gone. He'll like Chili.

Reactions: Husker4AllTime
Most Iowa fans I know have no problem saying Ferentz is a poo poo head.

Just cant stay away Hawk?
Kaz, why is it so slow here lately? Doesn't anyone like this place anymore? Do you think it's because people are annoyed how it seems to be the Mods and everyone else?
It seems like you guys like to have your little pow wow's at times, and you flaunt how great you get along and how you can ban people, and how cool it is to be old and all that.
Maybe it alienates the rest of us.

Kaz, why is it so slow here lately? Doesn't anyone like this place anymore? Do you think it's because people are annoyed how it seems to be the Mods and everyone else?
It seems like you guys like to have your little pow wow's at times, and you flaunt how great you get along and how you can ban people, and how cool it is to be old and all that.
Maybe it alienates the rest of us.

It's not any slower here than any other offseason. As a matter of fact, traffic has been up. The only thing slow here is Hawk fans like you that think you are actually fooling someone.

Kaz coached up one of Iowa's best D-line (2009), arguably, in school history.

2001,2002, 2004 were better IMO under Ron Aiken. The 2009-2010 lines were good but suffered a lot of attrition behind the starting front 4 that led to depth issues from 2010-2013

Kaz is a dick I know that. I've met him personally and interacted with him at a few coaching clinics. He's fairly abrasive and ex-players will tell you the same. He wasn't held in very high regard, but he knew his stuff. On the other hand, he didn't arrive in Lincoln until 2012.

Blaming a coach for Avery Moss whipping it out in public places is like blaming the governor of Iowa for the rampant obesity within the state.

Blaming a coach for a player like Ernest Suttles getting kicked out of the program 4 days after he arrived is like blaming alcohol for getting drunk and hitting a fat chick from Council Bluffs.

Blaming a coach for Deandre Wils leaving after 3 days on campus due to Social Anxiety Disorder and homesickness is like blaming your pants for falling off that time you contracted Gonorrhea in Iowa City.

Chase Rome sucked. Perhaps Kaz let him know it incessantly. It still doesn't discount his suckiness. The kid transferred to Memphis and still couldn't see the field.

The number of dline transfers and dudes leaving Lincoln was more a reflection of the terrible recruiting in 2010 and 11 at DT and DE.
Riley put in words something that I had thought for a long time about Pelini's recruiting. He stated that programs that aren't at the top of heap (paraphrasing) have to take chances on some marginal character guys in order to fill some needs. He stated that he had little choice but to do that at OSU in order to try to get enough talent to compete in the PAC 12. His implication was that he didn't think that they would have to do that at NU. We have all the resources to recruit high character guys with great talent. IMO, Pelini's efforts (especially when Carl was here) were lazy and disorganized and thus he had to take some guys with some issues. When you are down to plan C in December, you have little choice.

Maybe I missed the point of the thread; I think we are on a roll. We have some great players on the d-line and a rush of great young talent coming in - it could be a strength of the team. Certainly the D-tackles and that future is coming up roses. So we may allegedly not have depth at DE; but we have bodies and youth - character will step up. ..... Our coaches are totally driving to make D and O lines priority in the future; and we are locking down in the 500 ; while opening up new areas. Our recruits are smart; they see how many players these coaches have sent to the NFL - We have couple d-liners who will do it, looking on future recruits will Join the Blackshirts. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT