1)Wisconsin- 9-4 Citrus vs Tennessee
2) Nebraska- 8-4 Outback vs Arkansas
3) Minnesota- 8-4 Foster Farms vs UCLA
4) Iowa- 7-5 Music City vs Missouri
5) Northwestern- 6-6 Quick Lane vs Pitt
6) Illinois- 6-6
7 Purdue- 3-9

Last edited:
People are underestimating what it takes to be a great team. Ohio State had a great offensive coordinator, great chemistry, some great seniors, and Devon Smith destroying teams deep. I'll be surprised if they're as great as last year. Their individual talent may be as good or better, but their team won't be.

Bucknuts wasn't a great team to start the year last year either till December.

Those predictions seem pretty reasonable to me. But I doubt that OSU goes undefeated in conference. I think they'll have one loss, but still win the conference title.

12 potential bowl teams for the conference sounds a couple too high. I know only 10 are projected to go but don't see 12 teams at .500 or better. Think both Indiana and illinios are under with 5 wins at best.

I think Ohio State goes undefeated because of one player alone: Joey Bosa.

He's an amazing talent.

And all the publications who keep predicting a winning record for Michigan are giving far too much credit to Jim Harbaugh.

1. UM's schedule is very tough.
2. Those phantom "magical recruiting classes" were a mirage under Hoke. So many of their highly rated recruits the last 3 seasons have never ever seen the field and many of them aren't even in Ann Arbor anymore.
3. They DON'T HAVE A QB. ONE YEAR OF JAKE RUDOCK IS NOT THE ANSWER FOR ANY BIG TEN TEAM.

4. They have no offensive play makers.

This would be a better site; if all could understand the depth of your post - especially #2. If H has a good season it will be the character of the kids on the team; Any attention may affect them positively. Understanding point #2; would endear our coaches and their recruiting system and philosophy being developed; imo.

its really difficult to predict how we will do.. run defense should be better, but I think offense in general takes a step back.. could be 6-6 this year

its really difficult to predict how we will do.. run defense should be better, but I think offense in general takes a step back.. could be 6-6 this year

Losing Ameer and Bell will be big replacements that is for sure but losing Beck and gaining Langsdorf and Riley giving the offense an identity will be a bigger upside.

The 5 games that will determain our record are BYU, Miami, Wiscosin, Minnesota and Michigan St.

There's no way we're losing 4 regular season games. ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

If that end of year chemistry is hatched again by the Bucks -- well, I predict they repeat as national champs !! Talent wise they just reload.

and, Go Cats !!

Losing Ameer and Bell will be big replacements that is for sure but losing Beck and gaining Langsdorf and Riley giving the offense an identity will be a bigger upside.

The 5 games that will determain our record are BYU, Miami, Wiscosin, Minnesota and Michigan St.

Is it bad for me to say that I'm not that worried about losing Bell. Ameer ... heck yes. Bell I feel is replaceable.

We are winning the west this year, but losing in the B1G CG. 10-3 going into the bowl. On Wisconsin can go climb on their Mom.

People are underestimating what it takes to be a great team. Ohio State had a great offensive coordinator, great chemistry, some great seniors, and Devon Smith destroying teams deep. I'll be surprised if they're as great as last year. Their individual talent may be as good or better, but their team won't be.
keep dreaming sparty. first braxton is hurt and they start the year with a redshirt freshmen qb. he goes down and they have to use another qb who looks better than the other 2. look at how osu has recuited since meyer got at osu. the defense will be even better and they have so may skill players. I dont like them but they are loaded with even more experience

keep dreaming sparty. first braxton is hurt and they start the year with a redshirt freshmen qb. he goes down and they have to use another qb who looks better than the other 2. look at how osu has recuited since meyer got at osu. the defense will be even better and they have so may skill players. I dont like them but they are loaded with even more experience
Not the same sport, but with your "bashing of dreams speech" explain our basketball season last year? With your evidence/reasoning we should of been a hell of a lot better then we were right?

They'll have more experience and more talent but they won't be as good.

They'll have more experience and more talent but they won't be as good.

Sparty, I am with you. Seems like most people (outside of Luckeye fans) forget that tOSU had a 4 game stretch at the end of the regular season in which their D played very mediocre and the team was in very close games. MSU, Minnesota, Indiana, & Michigan were all just a few plays away from beating them.

- David Cobb ran all over them and the Gophers only lost by 1 score. Minnesota was neck and neck with them all day and one or 2 unlucky breaks probably cost them the W.
- Indiana was within 1 point of tOSU in the 4th quarter. Colman ran for over 200 yds. Not too many people who watched that game thought tOSU was that good at that time.
- Michigan was tied with tOSU for a ton of the game and raked up dam near 400 total net yards of offense.
- Michigan State put up over 500 yards of total offense on that D.

And remember these were all late season games. Maybe they win it all again in 2015 and don't get beat. Maybe they don't. But I don't think College football should just call off the 2015 season because tOSU is un beatable. Everyone is beatable.

Reactions: AhliBobwa
Lots of nice posts. Spinner helps me restate my desire for an 8 team playoff; why leave good teams out. I know basketball went to a million team playoff for student NBA/farm athletes; but 8 teams in CFB; should get every undefeated team in. You could have the first 4 games the week after the conference championships. Then you are down to 4 teams; they rest and repeat what was done last year if your so hung up on it.

Please put down the kool aid, Red.
I'm being serious. Michigan State used a gimmick to totally get us outta our game. Wisconsin ran the same play multiple years without a correct adjustment from us. Are we gonna lose some games? Yes! But the days of idiotic coaching and gameplay from the players is over.

Will enjoy the Red Koolaid with you red rover. There will be plenty; obviously, Ham and eggs glass is never more than half full. I don't think the average guy realizes the serious coaching upgrade. The AD and his department also appear " all in " . Wow a plan from the head on shoulders above.

OSU looks to be more experienced and talented overall compare to last year, although there will still be some growing pains. So,on paper the team should be better. There's no doubt that there was a wave of momentum that took over from the first quarter of the Big Championship that carried them to the NC, that you can't expect will automatically be there in 2015.

While I wouldn't be surprised if the Buckeyes lose a game, and it could be against MSU, the argument that Dantonio won't lose two in a row because he doesn't respecter like Meyer is just plain silly.

East
1) tOSU 13-0 Football playoff
2) Michigan St- 10-2 Rose vs USC
3) Penn St- 8-4 Holiday vs Stanford
4) Michigan- 7-5 Pinstr ipe vs Virg Tech
5) Maryland- 6-6 Armed Force vs Air Force
6) Indiana- 6-6
7) Rutgers- 5-7

West
1)Wisconsin- 9-4 Citrus vs Tennessee
2) Nebraska- 8-4 Outback vs Arkansas
3) Minnesota- 8-4 Foster Farms vs UCLA
4) Iowa- 7-5 Music City vs Missouri
5) Northwestern- 6-6 Quick Lane vs Pitt
6) Illinois- 6-6
7 Purdue- 3-9

These records add up to 102-68. Taking out the 57 conference games, this would leave a non conference record of 45-11. There's no way the league wins 80+% of them.

I'm being serious. Michigan State used a gimmick to totally get us outta our game. Wisconsin ran the same play multiple years without a correct adjustment from us. Are we gonna lose some games? Yes! But the days of idiotic coaching and gameplay from the players is over.
Word! Might take a couple of years, but Big Red has a WAY better staff than before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT